Under the loving guidance of the Founder Managing Director of Shalom Hills Group of Schools, Dr. Lilly George, the school showers the pastoral care on the students/teachers and other staff members in the Shalom family in terms of their Emotional Well Being, Physical Safety and Spiritual Mentoring.
The Margdarshan Award for Best Mentoring conferred on Founder Managing Director, Dr. Lilly George bespeaks of the successful shepherding of emotional & spiritual security provided to the Shalom fraternity.
We at Shalom Hills International School firmly believe in providing a safe and healthy environment since the optimum development of a child takes place only in a secure and fearless environment; an atmosphere where
"the mind is without fear... and head is held high."
The school has undertaken the following information, pertaining to safety:-
- Shepherding through the pastoral care
- Emotional health and Well Being
- Safety and Security of the Campus and Classrooms
- Safe Transport Policy
- Safety Measures
- Safety Measures during Dispersal
- Safety Measures for Walker Children
- Hygiene Policy
- Vishaka Committee for Sexual Harassment/ Redressal Committee
- Induction Process/ Mentor mentee programme for new joinees/ Punctuality / Discipline/ Awareness and sensitization
- Shalom Hills Safety Policy
- Cyber Safety
- Safe Infrastructure
- Disaster Management Cell
- Waves of Change (WOC) Programme
- Profile on School Sanitation Website
The school focuses on the minutest precautions pertaining to safety, and hygiene to provide a safe, conducive, healthy and harmonious environment to the school children.
General Safety Measures
- A reputed security agency has been hired by the school for managing the security of the school premises as well as for ensuring the safety of the students and the staff.
- The front gate and all other entry/exit points to the school are manned by a security guard.
- The school conducts full-fledged classes of IV employees. ID Cards are issued to all the personnel of the security agency who are employed as guards in the school.
- Lady guards on duty outside the washrooms
- Special care has been taken to put swing doors which are not shuttered from the ground in the washroom which allow lady guards, maids and teachers/headmistress on rounds to check that there is only one child at a time in one washroom cubicle
- There are teachers appointed as floor incharges responsible for safety and discipline of each floor.
- Furthermore, there are teachers who are on break-time duty to look after the hygiene, safety and discipline during recess time.
- Teachers are always on duty near the school gate and all entrances in the morning and afternoon to ensure the safe arrival and departure of the walker as well as transport students.
- Random checks of the school bags to check if the student is carrying unwanted and undesirable objects.
- All electrical fixtures, points and gadgets are switched off at 4.00 p.m daily; there is a check of the same by the concerned head.
- All visitors to the school are required to enter their names, addresses and contact numbers in a register kept at the front gate.
- No student of the school is allowed to leave the premises during school hours unless accompanied by a guardian, who has to carry an out pass signed by the Principal and show it to the guard on duty at the front gate.
- An emergency announcement system has been set up in the school for immediate information and action in case of any emergency or contingency.
- A 24X7 surveillance system along with a wireless system has been installed at key locations to keep a vigilant and check on the premises.